DOHA, Qatar (AP) — Elena Rybakina said on Wednesday she was “disappointed” with the WTA Tour’s decision to ban for her former coach Stefano Vukov following the governing body’s investigation into a potential breach of its code of conduct.
“I’m just disappointed with the situation, and how the process went. I’m not going to comment much on that anymore,” Rybakina told reporters after her victory over Rebecca Sramkova at the Qatar Open.
On Tuesday, the WTA said it had completed its investigation on Vukov and that his suspension “remains in place.” It did not specify how much longer he would remain banned. The Croatian coach, who had been under a provisional suspension, has denied wrongdoing.
Rybakina, the 2022 Wimbledon champion, said last month at the Australian Open that Vukov “ never mistreated me ” in their years working together and that she disagreed with the provisional suspension.
___
AP tennis:
Great Britain's Cameron Norrie fought from a set down to reach the third round at Indian Wells but top seed Alexander Zverev was d
His coach Brad Stine says that these types of big goals are what keeps the New Jersey native motivated. “There are still a lot of things within the sport tha
The latest setback for Nick Kyrgios has the Australian tennis player wondering aloud about his future. A nagging wrist injury forced an emotional Kyrgios to r
The 2025 Indian Wells tournament is well underway as the stars of the WTA Tour search for success in the Californian desert.Several top stars will believe they